|Student Services - Academic and Teacher Licensure Advising|
Effective July 1, 2013
Schedule an Advising Appointment -
Tuesday through Friday
(for current and prospective CEHS students)
Students will meet with their assigned Student Services Advisor:
Gayle Wiley –
Last Names A-Gi
Linda Hockaday –
Last Names Gj-O
Autumn Coleman –
Last Names P-Z
Regular advising appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes for continuing students. One hour appointments are available for new students, in order to provide adequate time to ensure students are registering for the appropriate courses, to stay on target for program completion.
Student Services Advisors maintain their own appointment calendars. To schedule an appointment, please call the Office of Student Services at (937) 775-3086 or 3088. You may also email your assigned Student Services Advisor to request an appointment.
When scheduling an appointment, please provide the following information:
• WSU University Identification (UID) Number
• Calendar availability
• Current phone number
• Email Address (WSU email address required for Wright State students)
During peak advising times (i.e. registration for classes, graduation, etc.) appointments times will fill quickly. Please plan ahead and schedule your appointment well in advance.
Monday Express Advising
for current CEHS students
Unlike regular advising appointments, Express Advising is for quick questions that can be answered in short increments (15 minutes). Students will meet with their assigned advisor.
• Express Advising is designed for current CEHS students who have quick registration approval and/or short question(s).
• First time appointments or students on academic probation should use the regular advising appointments.
• Express Advising in on a first come, first served basis.
How do I use Express Advising?
• Sign in for advising at the Student Services desk.
• The office staff will verify the availability of your assigned advisor and add your name to the wait list, ensuring that each student will have 15 minutes with their assigned advisor.
The Office of Student Services
378 Allyn Hall
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway
PHONE (937) 775-3088 or 3086
FAX (937) 775-2099
Contact Student Services
The Graduate Level Initial Teacher Licensure Program provides candidates with state-approved programs in:
Adolescent to Young Adult (grades 7-12):
Integrated Language Arts
Integrated Social Studies
Physical Science (Physics & Chemistry)
Physical Science: Physics
Life Sciences/Earth Sciences
Middle Childhood Education:
Math, Science, Language Arts & Reading, Social Studies (grades 4-9) - Middle Childhood candidates choose two subject areas
Multi-Age Licensure in World Languages:
French (Multi-Age license, grades PK-12)
Spanish (Multi-Age license, grades PK-12)
German (Multi-Age license, grades PK-12)
Awaiting approval - Latin (Multi-Age license, grades PK-12)
Mulit-Age Licensure in Visual Arts (Multi-Age license, grades PK-12)
Awaiting approval - Computer Information Science (Multi-Age license, grades PK-12)
Other teacher licensure areas and endorsements are available outside of this Graduate Level Initial Teacher Licensure Program model.
Visit this link to see a complete list of the college’s programs, including the Programs of Study for each of the areas noted above.
• Earn your teaching license and Master's degree in 12 months.
• Build on your undergraduate degree to become a licensed teacher in the state of Ohio
• Learn the art and science of teaching by spending the school year as an intern in a public school classroom
• Work with specially trained clinical faculty who are experts in their field
• Earn a master's degree in education
• Build a portfolio and a network for your new career
• Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
• Member of the National Network for Educational Renewal
Visit our Podcasts page to view a podcast about this program and the process of becoming a teacher.
Please visit with a Teacher Licensure Advisor to start the admissions process See the box on the left of this web site to learn about meeting with an advisor.