|Student Services Hours|
Changing to Serve You Better!!
Advising by Appointment & Express Advising
Coming July 1, 2013
Stay tuned for details.
Monday through Friday
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Open Advising Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
9:00 to 11:30 AM and 1:00 to 3:30 PM
Evening Advising - evening advising will discontinue for the summer on April 25, 2013 (last day of evening advising). Evening advising will resume in the fall semester on August 27, 2013.
Evening advising begins at 5:00pm and ends at 6:00 PM Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Evening advising is available when WSU is in session. We do not have evening advising between terms or
during the summer months. Please note that our evening advising hours will not be available during the summer academic sessions.
The Office of Student Services
378 Allyn Hall
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway
PHONE (937) 775-3088 or 3086
FAX (937) 775-2099
Contact Student Services
I have not been notified of my assigned student services licensure advisor or faculty advisor. What should I do?
Check with the Office of Student Services in the College of Education and Human Services, 378 Allyn Hall, (937) 775-3088, and a staff person will tell you the name of your student services licensure advisor and faculty advisor.
When you are admitted to the College of Education and Human Services, you will be assigned a faculty advisor from your program and a student services advisor from the College. If you have questions about your advisor assignments, call the Office of Student Services. Each of your advisors can assist you with different things.
Your faculty advisor can:
- assist you with career choice decisions
- interpret institutional requirements
- assist you with issues related to professional development and ethics
- determine appropriateness of course substitutions or changes to your program of study (along with your student services advisor)
- acquaint you with available educational resources
- evaluate your progress toward your professional goals
- refer you to institutional and community support services if needed
Your student services advisor can:
- help you choose a program that will best meet your individual needs
- help you determine a sequence for the courses you will take that adheres to state licensure and graduation requirements
- help you choose courses that will meet state licensure requirements and best prepare you for your future vocation
- answer questions about University and licensure requirements
- consult with your faculty advisor concerning course substitutions or changes to your program of study
To make an appointment with your faculty advisor, you will need to call or email that person directly. To meet with your student services advisor, you may come to 378 Allyn Hall during Open Advising Hours (you do NOT need an appointment).